- 1 interesting psychological research topics
- 1.1 Interesting psychological research topics
- 1.2 Social Psychology Research Topics List
- 1.3 A Comprehensive List of Psychology Research Paper Topics
interesting psychological research topics
‘Psychology9rsquo; is extracted from a word in Latin that means the precise study of your mind or soul. It is a science which is based on human behavior, mental health and human psyche. Psychology is a very vast field and offers a huge range of sub-fields, such as clinical psychology, developmental psychology, child psychology, industrial psychology and social psychology.
If you are a student of psychology, you would be required to select a particular topic for the final research paper. Finding a suitable topic is an extremely difficult task, which is why this article will be of help to you. Continue reading to find out a number of topics that you can consider.
List of Psychology Research Topics
While selecting a particular topic from amongst the different research topics, you need to find out your area of specialization and interest. You would need to read a lot of content for writing your psychology research paper, which is why you should choose a topic that excites you. The majority of the psychology sub-fields are quite broad, which makes researching on it extremely problematic. This is why it is best to choose a concise and narrow topic, so you can conveniently research on it. For example, memory is a huge topic and you cannot easily write a paper on it without discussing the different aspects involved in it. You can narrow down this topic to something like ‘how is the memory affected by age or gender?’ Topics like these make the research paper quite specific and interesting.
Here are some ideas for psychology research topics that might help you out.
- Is parental negligence a reason behind child obesity?
- Understanding the obsession of Americans with the popular fast food items
- What is the influence of a narcissist mother on her child’s mental wellbeing?
- What is the association between obesity and television?
- Preterm delivery and stress
- Understanding the situations that lead to suicidal behaviors
- The adverse effects of abortion on the mental health
- Dating violence and abuse among teenagers
- Understanding schizophrenia in young men and women
- Impact of teenage sexting on children and its consequences
- Can morality be enforced by stringent laws?
- Comprehending social interaction
- How is stress affected by individual differences?
- What are the psychological reasons behind depression?
- Symptoms, reasons of stress and how to manage it
- Is depression affected by gender?
- Impact of social anxiety disorder on the routine life of the affected person
- The different phases of human growth and development
- Importance of imparting sexual education to children
- Mental development and understanding of mentally challenged children
- Relationship between stress and physical illness
- Long term and short term memory
- How is a person’s life affected by bipolar disorder?
- Aging and mental illnesses
- What is the environment’s role in personality development?
- Influence of work environment on the motivation and self-esteem of workers
- Effect of counseling on the divorced individuals
- Impact of violent music on children
- How and why are psychologists involved in the military?
- Varied theories of motivation
- How is a person’s achievements and personality affected by their birth order?
- Physical, financial and emotional abuse of elderly people
- Understanding and controlling teenage suicide
- Comprehending the effects of postpartum depression on child and mother
- Analyzing harsh capital punishment for the sex offenders
- How is intelligence determined by the environment and genetics?
- Different kinds of torture and their various effects
- How and why are attractive people treated differently than the non-attractive ones?
- Pros and Cons of Hypnosis
- Understanding the psychological problems of the homeless people
- How does sports psychology help promote mental health in different workplaces?
- What are the reasons behind long lasting marriages?
- Is it important to have school uniforms?
- The effect of different phobias on your personality
- Why is the divorce rate rising?
- Understanding the psychology of homophobes
- Understanding solitary confinement and its effects
- What are the effects of colors on different mental states?
- Understanding the roles of biology and environment in hyperactive children
- Psychological profile and mental development of a terrorist
- Understanding the psychology of sex workers
- How can you form and change a habit?
- The ethical and legal aspects of gay adoption
- Reasons and consequences of introvert behavior in adults
- What is the effect of the hate crimes on the community and the victims?
While going through psychology research topics, remember to opt for one that falls within the area of your specialization or interest. You can visit online psychology websites and newspapers for finding out more topics. Make sure that you can form a good hypothesis on the topic you are selecting and you must choose a topic that has sufficient content easily available and accessible via online forums.
It is a good idea to consider about four to five research topics before starting your research. This helps you in selecting a viable topic in case one becomes difficult to research on. Always go slow during your research, so you carry each step perfectly well. Make it a point to collect primary data first to make your research appear realistic.
General Psychology Research Topics
To choose a topic from general psychology, you should select any topic you like and then start narrowing it down. For instance, you could tackle any current issue in psychology like equality in mental health.
Moreover, you could profile a well-known psychologist and explore their theories or researches. You could also write on a popular and useful psychology experiment, such as the Stanford Prison or Milgram Obedience Experiments.
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
Abnormal psychology deals with abnormal behavior and psychopathology. Different disorders such as obsession-compulsion, depression and sexual deviation are covered in this subject. You could research on any of the following topics in this field:
- Eating disorder: anorexia or bulimia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
Moreover, you can also profile any therapy such as CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), MBCT (mindfulness based cognitive therapy) or group therapy.
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
Cognitive psychology tackles the different mental processes going on in a person’s mind. You could explore language, memory, decision making, intelligence and thinking in this sub-field. Moreover, you could research on attention span, false memories, dreams, language, perception, judgment and problem solving while working in cognitive psychology.
Developmental Research Topics in Psychology
Development psychology is focused on the lifespan of human beings, so you have a number of topics to choose from. You can focus on the effects of the following topics on the personality and development of a child, adult or elderly.
- Sexual abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Media violence
- Language acquisition
- Learning disabilities
- Parenting style
- Prenatal development
- Aging process
Social Psychology Research Topics
Social psychology is pertinent to social behavior. You can explore the following topics while studying this subject.
In addition to these topics, you can also opt for one from amongst the following research topics.
- Understanding drug addictions and the causes behind them
- Weaknesses of the psychoanalytic theories of Freud
- Causes, signs and treatments of anxiety
- Effect of circadian rhythm on humans
- What is attachment theory and what are its psychological effects?
- What are the physical and psychological benefits of laughter?
- What is the effect of the cognitive dissonance on values and behaviors?
- Relationship between endorphins and happiness
- What are the negative and positive effects of the internet on your psychological health?
- What are the effects of the self-actualization concept of Maslow on psychology?
Interesting psychological research topics
T op Most Psychology Articles.
If you’re searching for interesting psychology topics for a long time your search will end after reading this article because here you will find everything interesting about psychology. After studying the hundreds of psychology researches, i found these are the interesting psychology topics which you wouldn't find in any other site except in Psychtronics.
This list of social psychology topics performs two functions. One, the headings alone describe, at a broad level, the kinds of topics covered in the field of social psychology. Looking at the overarching categories, one can see that social psychology studies cognition (thought) and action, helpful and hurtful behaviors, emotions and decisions, culture and evolution, the self and social relationships, as well as health and problematic behaviors. ThatвЂ™s quite a range of topics! The second purpose of the list of social psychology research topics is related to the first in that it helps readers who are already interested in a topic find new topics that may be of interest. In this way, the list provides links among topics.
Social Psychology Research Topics List
Social psychology is the scientific study of how people think about, influence, and relate to one another. By studying social thinking, social psychologists examine how, and how accurately, we view ourselves and others. By studying social influence, social psychologists examine subtle forces related to conformity, persuasion, and group influence that pull our strings. By studying social relations, social psychologists examine what leads people to hate and hurt one another, or to love and help one another.
Social psychology as a field lies between personality psychology and sociology. Metaphorically speaking, personality psychologists study boats, sociologists study the ocean, and social psychologists study how those boats float. When a person (boat) arrives in an environment (ocean), social psychologists want to understand how they move on the winds and currents.
Social psychology considers many of the same questions as those sociology considers but favors answers that focus on the individual actors (such as the way they perceive their situations) rather than on answers that apply to the group level (such as poverty or family cohesion). It is also distinct from personality psychology, being less interested in individual differences (such as in aggressiveness or unhappiness), though it often considers individual differences that interact with situations (such as when a person with high self-esteem responds to a relationship threat by liking his or her partner more).
Social psychological work has been applied to a great many real-world settings. Researchers have brought it to the study of health behaviors, such as smoking and use of condoms, and in doing so have offered practical advances. They have spearheaded, for example, graphic pictures of decayed teeth and lungs on boxes of cigarettes in Canada. Political psychologists have, likewise, been interested in models of persuasion and attitude formation and change. Organizational psychologists have applied social psychological theories of group processes, satisfaction, and enjoyment to the context of the work place.
Law is another area that has seen widespread application of social psychological research. Psychological work has revealed that eyewitness identification, long a linchpin of legal evidence, is often flawed. It is often very difficult for people to accurately identify even those at whom they have had a good long look. Research has been used to improve identification lineup procedures to produce fairer results with fewer false positives, for example by instructing witnesses that the suspect may or may not be in the lineup. Social psychologists have also been involved in great controversies over the accuracy of вЂњrecovered memoriesвЂќвЂ”recollections of past abuse that people believe they have rediscovered later in life. Research shows that, though some such cases may be genuine, some are almost certainly not, as it is not difficult to create false memories in people.
A Comprehensive List of Psychology Research Paper Topics
- America's Obsession with Fast Food
- Link Between Television and Obesity
- Narcissistic Mother's Influence on Child's Mental Health
- Stress and Preterm Delivery
- Situations Leading to Cutting Yourself Disorder
- Effects of Abortion on Mental Health
- Dating Violence Among Teens
- Teenage Sexting and its Consequences
- Can Stringent Laws Force Morality?
- Effects of Designer Babies on Society
- The Psychology of a Homophobe
- Solitary Confinement and its Emotional Effects
- The Varied Effects of Color on Mental States
- Hyperactive Children - The Role of Environment or Biology?
- The Psychological Profile of a Terrorist
- A Psychological Profile of a Sex Worker
- How are Habits Formed and How Can They Be Changed?
- Gay Adoption and its Legal and Ethical Aspects
- Shyness in Adults: Causes and Consequences
- The Impact of Hate Crimes on Victims and Communities
- Types of Torture and their Psychological Effects
- Change of Perception Based on Attractiveness - Are the Attractive Treated Differently?
- The Homeless and their Psychological Problems
- Promoting Mental Health in the Workplace Through Sports Psychology
- Long-lasting Marriages and the Psychology Behind them
- Should School Uniforms be Banned?
- List of Phobias and their Effect on Personality
- The Rise of Divorces in Society - an Analysis
- Causes and Impact of Emotional, Financial, and Physical Abuse of the Elderly
- Effects of Birth Order on a Person's Personality and Achievements
- How Does In-store Music Influence Product Selection?
- Teenage Suicide: Why it Happens and What to do About it
- Effects of Postpartum Depression on the Mother and Child
- An Analysis of Harsh and/or Capital Punishment for Sex Offenders
- The Role of Genetics and Environment in Determining Intelligence
- How Does Over Crowding Affect Human Beings?
- Relation between Physical Illness and Stress
- Short Term and Long Term Memory
- Mental Illness and Aging
- Role of Environment in Personality Development
- Influence of Work Environment and Behavior on the Worker's Self-esteem and Motivation
- Impact of Counseling on Divorced Individuals
- The Involvement of Psychologists in Military Interrogations
- Violent Music and its Impact on Children
- Motivation and its Varied Theories
- How Do Individual Differences Affect Stress
- Psychological Reasons for Depression
- Causes and Symptoms of Stress
- How Does Social Anxiety Disorder Affect the Routine Life of a Person?
- Human Development - Conception to Old Age
- Mental Development of Special Children
- Does Gender Affect Memory?
- Different Stages of Human Development
- Why is it Important to Impart Sexual Education to Young Children?
Страница не найдена
Заказ и консультации: +7 (924) 711-8000 Пн–ПТ с 09:00 до 17:00. Сб с 09:00 до 13:00
Доставка по Братску на следующий день. Бесплатно — от 1500 руб.
Доставляем в удаленные районы.Бесплатно — от 3000 руб.